Estimated time to read: 5 minutes.
A hashtag is used to group what you post on Instagram into a category. This is essential for your posts to have a real impact. Using them correctly will help you reach more subscribers and therefore potential customers by gaining visibility, but how to use Instagram hashtags to get likes and attract customers to your SHOPLAZZA store?
Knowing how to use hashtags # on Instagram means ensuring good visibility and an ever-growing community. And turn your subscribers into customers and your posts into sales in your SHOPLAZZA store.
Table of content:
- What is an Instagram Hashtag?
- Why should we use hashtags on Instagram?
- How to choose the right hashtags on Instagram?
- Do not choose overly popular hashtags:
- Tips for finding the ultimate hashtags
- Is there a limit of Instagram hashtags?
- Do not use them!!
What is an Instagram Hashtag?
An Instagram hashtag is a word, or series of words, that is marked with a (#) and that is used in the description of a post, or in the comments section.
These hashtags help Instagram organize and categorize content, which allows the platform to present the right content to the right users.
Why should we use hashtags on Instagram?
Hashtags allow Instagram users to discover content and accounts to follow. By using the right hashtag (s), you will build awareness of your brand to both a broad and targeted audience. Not only will you be easier to find, but you will also increase your chances of attracting new followers, increasing likes, and increasing engagement.
How to choose the right hashtags on Instagram?
Instead of exclusively using the most popular keywords, think about which ones your followers use on Instagram: what hashtags does he post on his own posts?
Follow the Instagram accounts of your audience or influencers in your industry, analyze and compile their hashtags in an Excel file, to reuse them for perfect targeting. If you sell different products (shoes, scarves, jewelry), you will need to create as many files according to these themes. Over time, you will be able to observe correlations between your most popular posts and certain hashtags. This analysis will help you determine your keyword strategy.
Do not choose overly popular hashtags:
This is about not choosing only too generic hashtags. Some people are wrong in choosing only extremely popular hashtags: bad tactic!
Take the example of "#T-shirts" if you sell T-shirts: millions of posts are already appearing with this keyword, which means that yours may well be drowned in the mass!
Tips for finding the ultimate hashtags
- Take a look at the hashtags your competition uses. You can thus borrow some from them, or on the contrary, ban them to avoid any head-on competition and then opt for alternatives.
Choose hashtags used by thought leaders in your industry. These people already have a significant weight with your target audience, use their expertise!
- Don't overlook similar hashtags. Browse posts that contain a hashtag that you are already using successfully. Maybe you will discover a trend or other common hashtags that you could include in your next posts.
- Use Instagram's search function. Enter a keyword related to your brand in the search bar, then select the # tab. Instagram will give you a list of all the hashtags that contain that keyword, along with the number of posts associated with each hashtag. Keep in mind that a high count can mean a lot of people are following that hashtag, but it can also mean that your post might end up drowned in tons of content. Test a mix of popular and more specific hashtags.
- A rule of thumb applies to choosing hashtags on Instagram: only use hashtags that are related to your brand, industry, and target audience. By constantly associating your photos with popular but unrelated hashtags, you might even be flagged as a spammer.
Is there a limit of Instagram hashtags?
Yes, there is a hashtag limit on Instagram. It is not possible to display more than 30 hashtags per post on Instagram. When looking for the best Instagram hashtags for your business, it is essential that you stick to the Instagram hashtag limit. This limitation is in place to ensure that Instagram content remains relevant and to help their platform avoid spam.
Also, as an Instagram user, when we see 30 hashtags in a row, we immediately think of a spammer. Using them sparingly therefore seems to be the best solution. So, do not use too many generics. Create a general base of keywords according to your types of publications (shoes? Scarves? Jewelry?), Always consistent with your images.
Do not use them!!
No matter how popular they are, at all costs avoid hashtags that desperately trick people into leaving likes and subscribing, like #followme, # like4like, # follow4follow, #tagsforlikes, etc. These hashtags only attract bots, spammers, and users who do not intend to engage in meaningful ways with your brand.
Incorporating the use of relevant hashtags into your social media management can thus improve your online reputation and increase traffic to your website.
To summarize, here are some tips to follow:
- Don't use too many hashtags
- Search the popular hashtags of the moment
- Choose relevant hashtags
- Do not use hashtags the same on all social networks
Stay tuned with SHOPLAZZA blog!