Estimated time to read: 5 minutes.But in fact? Why is it necessary to say "thank you" to your customers? Is it useful? Yes of course! Thanks, are a powerful tool for building loyalty! Indeed, the more you show your gratitude to your customers, the more you will encourage their loyalty.
It is much easier to sell to an existing customer. Reassured about your products and services, already appreciates your brand, knows your site and its navigation ... you no longer must convince an already acquired customer.
Table of content:
- Strengthen the relationship to create a bond of trust
- Find what matters to your customers and become unbeatable
- Present services and offers that meet customer expectations
- How to retain a customer? Project it into the future with you
- Encourage your customers to create an account
- Add a little extra to the package and get thanked on social networks
Strengthen the relationship to create a bond of trust
Creating a lasting and trusting relationship is a job that begins immediately after the first purchase. Indeed, it is very important to confirm the order and thank the customer, by e-mail, SMS or mail according to the contact details available. Please note, this first message must subsequently be followed by regular communications throughout the year: the customer must not forget you!
In addition, never forget to send customers promotion alerts, satisfaction questionnaires a few months after a purchase, invitations to company events, etc.
Finally, it is always necessary to personalize all the messages sent to our customers, thanks to the information of the customer file in order to develop the direct marketing of the company.
Find what matters to your customers and become unbeatable
In a world where the customer is spoiled for choice, you need to figure out how to get their attention on the long term. To do this, find out what is worth more than anything in the eyes of your customers and build your shopping experience around it. The Rent the runway brand has perfectly integrated this concept by offering designer dresses for hire, all integrated into an extremely rich online experience.
Present services and offers that meet customer expectations
The first thing that truly interests the customer is their satisfaction of their needs. Indeed, the product must perfectly meet the needs and requirements of the customer.
“Self-service” is appreciated by customers but will be supplemented by personalized assistance by phone or chat, if the customer feels the need for it.
How to retain a customer? Project it into the future with you
Talk to your client about your vision for the future for them. For example, let him know about the next steps. You must make her want to be a part of it. You can ask him for his desires and ideas in order to involve him in building this future.
Encourage your customers to create an account
Customer accounts can be a double-edged sword. On the one hand, accounts can facilitate redemptions by giving customers instant access to previous orders as well as pre-filled shipping information. On the other hand, customer accounts are often seen as too much of a commitment for new customers.
Therefore, many people choose to checkout as a guest if given the opportunity. So how do you effectively build and encourage accounts receivable without hampering the conversion of new customers?
The trick is to offer the possibility to create an account right after the first order.
Add a little extra to the package and get thanked on social networks
There is nothing more efficient than communicating with your customers as soon as they receive their order. As they have just filled a need, they are happy to receive their order and are therefore very receptive to messages from you.
Take advantage of this moment to add your added value!
Here are some examples of "little extras" that may affect your customers:
- Add a personal promo code in each order. Customers will appreciate this gesture and can come back to use it on your store and not go to your competitor. Putting an end date on this promo code is a good idea to keep your customer in mind quickly using this promo code. Adapt the end date according to your market (eg according to the lifespan of your products).
- Add goodies that your customers can keep in front of their eyes. This physical object will allow you to exist even outside the web and can be seen by those around your customers. A discussion about your store can even arise between them thanks to this
- Add a giveaway (an additional product) and get your customers to thank you with a selfie, a note or a social media review. Happy with this gift, it will be easier for them to share their joy on social media.
- Add a personal note, thank your customers by name and invite them to respond to you on your social networks with a review or a thank you. Reviews on Facebook, Instagram or Google for example are, as you know, a great lever for gaining new customers.
Satisfying your customers, once they have received their orders, is easy.
But making them happy, retaining them, and even making them brand ambassadors, takes a little more effort.
Thanking a customer for their order is a great start.
Stay tuned with SHOPLAZZA blog!